So "Firework by Katy Perry" was kinda like the theme song for this years Confirmation Camp or shall I say retreat. It was really awesome. Felt like I was in form 5 again. Haha. So yeah. Anyway, believe it or not, I actually shared during one of the sessions. Yes, I talked in front of like 80 people. Felt damn nervous. But like what Pat said it's not for you or them. You're doing this for God. And like I guess God really did help me cause I didn't prepare anything beforehand. I just stood in front there and talked. And if you ask me now what did I say, I don't even remember. It's kinda like God was speaking through me. Really awesome feeling, trust me. And I also read this short passage which I thought really suited the situation. But please cut off all the bads words kay :)
Anyway, besides all that, we also had other sessions on friendship, particular friendship (courtship), sex and sexuality and parent/child & child/parent. I had to facilitate Group 5 with Shaun. My group wasn't very open at first but I guess they opened up after a while. I had Joy, Bryce and Rueskha in my group. Most of the sessions that we had today was nothing like what I learnt last year during my Confirmation Camp. Like they say, you learn something new everyday . My favourite session was definitely the session on particular friendship by Teacher Joseph. It just really got me thinking of how I have looked at my passed relationships and stuff.
Here are like a few of the notes which I was able to jolt down :)
♥ True love has NO CONDITIONS.
♥ A good relationship is Free, Total, Faithful and Fruitful
♥ Sex is made to be Unitive (a sign and pledge of spiritual communion) and Procreative (open to life)
And of course there was the COURTSHIP PYRAMID :D
And then here are 10 steps to keep your relationship pure :) ♥
- Pray for purity. Three Hail Marys are a great way to do this.
- Avoid impure relationships before they begin.
- Once you're in a relationship, avoid places and situations in which you're likely to fall into sin.
- Know your boundaries before you are tempted and make sure your date knows them before you even date the person.
- Choose friends who will help you grow in purity.
- Double date or group date with friends who have high standards.
- Get rid of impure music, magazines and TV shows.
- Listen to advice of your wisest friends and family members.
- Try to go to confession at least once a month.
- Lastly, if things are going too far,do not be afraid to say "NO!"
So basically, all in all as Shaun said it was a day well spent. Delicious food. Made a few new friends. And discovering a whole lot more about God.