Saturday 14 February 2015

Valentine's Day isn't cliche

I despise people who contradict Valentine's Day.

Most people say it is just fluff. The whole dozens of flowers, life-sized teddy bears and heart shaped chocolates are just us buying into the whole commercial worth of Valentine's Day. And yes to a certain extend we are getting sucked into this but what's wrong with sepnding a little for the person you love? On the contrary you could go the traditional way by writing a letter or cooking for a candle light dinner. Doesn't hurt you pocket as much right? And way more meaningful if you ask me.

Another thing that also got to me was the whole “forever alone” trend. Valentine's day is NOT about having a boyfriend or girlfriend. It's about celebrating love with the people you love – friends, family or even your pet. Have a dinner date with your mum or a mushy romantic movie marathon with your girlfriends, it's not about what you do but who you are doing it with.

You might wonder why am I so persistent about this. It's simple. I just feel like people don't show their love anymore. Why not celebrate love on a daily basis then you may ask? Well, ask yourself that. When was the last time you said I love you to your mum or your friend? I bet a lot of people don't, even I don't. And you are telling me to not celebrate the one day that most people express their love? It may be one day out of 365 days but it's better than just not expressing it at all.

My whole point here is that it doesn't matter how you celebrate Valentine's Day. What really matters is showing the people you love that you love and appreciate them. As God said in1 Corintians 13 : 13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. So go out and have fun with your other halfs, friends and families. Do something cliché or unique. Spread the love!

No comments:

Post a Comment