Thursday 28 November 2013

Pretty please if you ever feel like you're nothing, you are perfect to me

“Growing old has always been part of our lives. But growing old with you is a different thing. I will still kiss and make love to you until our hairs will all turn to gray. All these years, I have loved you. In the next years to come, I will love you more.”

My mum shared with me this today. She was like could you imagine your boyfriend saying this to you? All I thought was that I would marry a guy that says that to me. Cause lets get real, all guys care about is the looks. It's either you are hot, adorable or ugly. Simple as that. It hurts I know but it's just how society has been built these days. Every single advertisement you see or watch has a woman in it. From cars to books to something as simple as chewing gum, everything is about the physic and external beauty.

In the end of the day all that beauty doesn't last. Everyone eventually grows – some gracefully while others not so gracefully. All that will matter at that moment is your personality. Cause most people are so busy building up their outer beauty and maintaining it that they forget it's whats on the inside that matters. If only everyone looked more at a person's real beauty, their personality, I think a lot of divorce cases wouldn't exist. One of my mum's friends even divorced her husband just cause he started to gain weight. What happened to for better or for worse? In sickness and in health? Till death do us apart?

When I finally do end up wanting to get married, it would be with someone who can accept me for who I am – inside and out. Cause right now all I have are a few friends that love me for me and my mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment